Thursday, November 22, 2007

NEW SPOT! The Amazing New Atrium at the American Art Museum and Portrait Gallery is Open! Indoor Zen Space & Cafe, open 'til 7:00 every day!

The highly anticipated and long awaited Courtyard inside the museum is finally open!

I just went today and you have got to see this spectacular new space with the undulating glass ceiling and the water skrim on the floor, it is just beautiful.... a perfect meeting spot after work or whenever, open year round until 7:00pm inside of the Museum. Protected from the elements now, this former courtyard has been transformed into something glorious that is really exciting if you ask me! As if the space weren't enough of a reason to go, this is a quiet space (on weekdays at least so far) with plenty of tables and seating, and cafe on site where you can grab food and wine 'til 6:30. The biggest surprise though, which I think is still a bit of a secret still since the Post didn't mention it, is the free public wi-fi! I thought I'd try just for fun and there it was! As if I didn't already love the Smithsonians, now I love them even more! This is a glorious space and I'm sure I'll be spending a bunch of free time down there myself!

Conveniently located in the heart of Chinatown between MLK Library and the Verizon Center, above the Gallery Place Metro Station between 7th and 9th, F and G St. To read more about the museum, see the post from November 12th. The Smithsonian American Art Museum ad Portrait Gallery is open 11:30 am - 7 pm daily. Admission, of course, is Free!


http://americanart.si.edu/reynolds_center/index.cfm

http://americanart.si.edu/museum_info/index.cfm

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Thanks for the link to your Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, the free wi-fi is a complete surprise! Thanks for mentioning... I'll definitely be down there more often now.

    ReplyDelete