Sunday, June 1, 2014

UPCOMING & ONGOING: MUSIC: Weekly: "Blue Monday Blues" every MON night at Westminster Church by the Waterfront Metro, Performers vary each week, 6:00pm - 9:00pm, $5

every Monday night
6:00pm - 9:00pm
All ages, $5, free for those 16 and under
view schedule hereview pics on flickr here

"Blue Monday Blues" brings together great local blues players for an evening of down-home blues. Food and beverages available for purchase from SW Catering Company, featuring Southern and Mediterranean cuisine, from 5:30pm - 8:30pm.

400 I St, SW (map and directions here)
Metro: Waterfront, seems to be a short walk from the metro
For those with cars, parking is available in the church lot or on the street.

6 comments:

  1. Do you have any idea whether these events involve some kind of religious/praise service? I am interested in attending if it's "music only"---not evangelism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure. I've only been there for yoga and chi gong classes and the vibe felt welcoming and warm and no religious component. It really seems more like a community space people use - similar to St Stephens and some other churches. I doubt there will be any religious component to the eve but you're welcome to call of course before you go to ask. Let me know how it is if you go. Been wanting to check it out for a while. They do Jazz nights every Fri there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's music only. The only evangelism you'll get is "Blues evangelism." Evangelism-free jazz on Friday nights...same bat price, same bat church!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just curious, im thinking about bringing a new friend/date with me this monday and have never been. How would you rate your experience?

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be honest Tarcy, I haven't been to this event before, but I have been to the space for yoga and tai chi classes before. If you go, let me know how it is. I've heard good things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was good.. there were lots of elderly ppl here tho ..
    as far as first dates, its a good place to go if your just lookin for a place to hear good music and not necessarily see other ppl you might know..

    ReplyDelete