Saturday, March 5, 2011

PAST: It's the National Cherry Blossom Festival in DC! Parade is this SAT, April 9th, Festival runs through SUN, April 10th, Free

It's that time again! The Cherry Blossom Festival is here.

This annual two-week event that celebrates springtime in DC, the 1912 gift of the cherry blossom trees, and the enduring friendship between the people of the United States and Japan. Hopefully there will also be events to help support Japan in this time of need but I'm honestly not sure.

The Parade is this Saturday, April 9th!
Festivities run through Sunday, April 10th.


1 comment:

  1. I'm starting a new site that is geared for disabled persons in the Metropolitan area. This site will be for disable persons to submit areas in Wash. DC, Maryland and Virginia to give credit to businesses, theaters, bars, clubs etc that are TRULY handicap accessible.

    The setback is...I don't have a disability, you see. I've been a paratransit operator for 3 years and alot of my riders have become friends. One day I dropped a guy off at the Marriott hotel in Greenbelt to go to the bar. He told me he had called ahead to ask if they were accessible. They told him they were. When I picked him up 6 hours later, he told me that they made him go out of the front, around the parking lot and he and his date entered through the kitchen. When they went to eat, they had to wait 45 mins as other diners were uprooted and reseated..WITH food in hand. The look of embarrassment and shame doused his face. When he went to the bar section, there was a 7 inch step that hindered him from entering the bar area.

    I'm looking to set up a "directory" as well as an interactive community on this website. Somewhere that they can submit places that are TRULY accessible by persons with ALL disabilities.

    Please check out www.AccessTheDMV.com

    I'd be happy to add your site as a backlink.

    ReplyDelete