The Pastrana Tapestries were commissioned in the late 1400s, likely by the king of Portugal, Afonso V (1432–1481), to commemorate his 1471 campaign in Morocco. Exquisitely rendered in wool and silk by Flemish weavers in Tournai, the tapestries depict a vivid world set against maritime and urban landscapes.
4th & Constitution Ave, NW
East Building, Upper Level
Metro: Judiciary Square - closest to the East Bldg