|Photo by PoPville flickr user schmiddi|
Learn more about Live Well DC at the Festival!
- Move More with the Community Coaches of Keep It Moving DC!
- Eat Healthy learn about local farmers markets and find a host of resources available in DC
- Don’t Smoke if you do, find help and inspiration for quitting
- Love Responsibly learn more about sexually transmitted diseases, find places you can get tested
- Reduce Stress Life is full of stress. Manage it with nutrition, physical activity and other support
- See Your Doctor Regular medical and dental checkups can catch problems before they occur
- Wash Your Hands Routine hand washing is the easiest way to stop the spread of germ
- Be Prepared what you need in an emergency kit, practice an escape plan in case of emergency
- Make Peace Feeling safe is fundamental to peace of mind. Set a positive example, get involved
- Read More Be it paper or electronic device, the more you read, the more you’ll know
From the Washington Post, via Prince of Petworth post: “Fiesta D.C. will be held this year [Sept. 23] on Pennsylvania Avenue after city leaders and event organizers agreed that the event has grown so large it can no longer be held in Mount Pleasant.” You can see photos from previous year’s Fiesta here, here, here and here.