12:00pm - 7:00pm
and the Annual Arts on Belmont
10:00am - 7:00pm
Suggested to bring some money to spend on food, art and vendors of course
|Arts on Belmont, between Columbia Rd & 18th|
Also be sure to explore the neighborhood and check out the local businesses, such as Tryst, Madams Organ, Violet Boutique.... while there.
- Health / Fitness Pavilion - Features holistic, fitness, health and wellness vendors and activities
- Two Live Music Stages - on 18th Street at Columbia Rd and one near Florida Ave, NW
- Green Pavilion - Eco-friendly products, services, samples, & info under one big tent
- Kids/ Cultural Area - at the Marie Reed school grounds
- Dynamic Dance Plaza - folkloric, drummers, salsa, national dances and interactive lessons
The artwork below is one I personally own, by Joel Traylor, who will be at the event. It is called Siddhartha's Awakening and was given to me as a gift many years ago when Artomatic was at the old Hechinger in Tenleytown, where I first met Joel, and I am happy to have it hanging in my home.
|Siddhartha's Awakening by Joel Traylor|
from Columbia Rd to Florida Ave, NW
Metro: Woodley Park and walk across the bridge or take the Circulator bus one stop to Adams Mill right near 18th St, runs every ten minutes and is only 50 cents with a Smartrip transfer, or take the Circulator bus from Columbia Heights on Columbia Rd at 14th to Adams Mill stop. You can also walk, it'd take about 20 minutes or so. The 42 bus from Dupont Circle toward Mt Pleasant will also take you right there, get off at 18th & Columbia.