Sunday, January 1, 2012

PAST: ART: DECOY presents "D's Nails" at The Fridge SAT, Nov 3rd - SUN, Nov 25th, Free

D's Nails by DECOY at The Fridge
Free
On view November 3rd - November 25th

When speaking about the importance of this show, DECOY says “Each piece I’m creating relates to a person who has transformed by making the choice for a major life change. This show is about deciding to make a change and going for it, no matter what that means. I bit my nails for 25 years, and I thought I would never be able to have funky or cool nails. One day I decided, I can do this. The confidence that came from this decision began to spread to other parts of my life.” 

During this show, "D's Nails," DECOY will be turning The Fridge into a nail salon and will also be exhibiting her work.  DECOY will be also be doing custom manicures - only available now on Saturday 11/24 from 11am - 4pm (cost for that one though, $30, read more). For the show, the "salon" walls will be filled with portraits of pivotal people and symbolic figures from DECOY's life that represent change and transformation.

The Fridge
516 1/2 8th St, SE - rear alley
Metro: Eastern Market, turn right on 8th St SE, past the Starbucks, and walk down about a block or two, turn left into the alley after Belga Cafe, across from matchbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment