Sunday, January 1, 2012

PAST: MUSIC: Classical Revolution comes to DC! Their Debut Concert takes place this SUN, Nov 11th at Busboys and Poets 14th & V St, NW from 5:00pm - 7:00pm, All ages, Free


Classical Revolution debuts in DC! Enjoy Classical Music at Busboys and Poets 14th & V
Sunday, November 11th
5:00pm - 7:00pm
All ages, Free

I usually don't put too much of my personal voice in my posts but for this one I am super excited and wanted to share my story with you guys! In the fall of 2008 I spent some time out in San Francisco and discovered that a super small, cool bar in the Mission called Revolution Cafe that hosted a small group of young musicians, who called themselves Classical Revolution, playing classical music while folks hung out and talked over drinks.

The concept felt very European to me, and I thought, wow, this is one thing that DC does not have that I wish they did! After a few weeks of hanging out, I even decided to host my goodbye celebration there on a night that Classical Revolution was playing. So, I am super excited to hear that this concept, which began in November 2006 at Revolution Cafe, has now spread to dozens of cities in three continents and is in, in fact, now in DC!

This Sunday, Classical Revolution plays works by Gershwin, Chopin, Mozart, Piazzolla, Ravel, Burgemuller, Copland, Hersch, Prokofiev and more! Each performance event is conceived and programmed uniquely to fit the needs of the environment. Each These informal sessions are extremely popular with both audiences and musicians, creating an atmosphere where classical music can be enjoyed in a casual and hip environment.

Busboys and Poets 
14th & V St, NW
Metro: U St or take the Circulator bus, McPherson Sq-Woodley Pk line - along 14th St to U St.

No comments:

Post a Comment