9:00am - 12:00pm
All levels welcome
Choose from three styles of yoga from three local yoga studios!
with Nikki Plaskett of Golden Heart Yoga DC
9:00am - 10:00am
Soul Power Flow with Meditation
with Sariane of Anacostia Yogi
10:00am - 11:00am
11:00am - 12:00pm
Learn more about Live Well DC, an initiative of the DC Department of Health intended to educate the public and increase public awareness of the importance of making healthy lifestyle choices. Stay connected to Live Well DC on facebook and @LiveWellDC on twitter.
Learn more about the 10 Healthy Living Initiatives from Live Well DC
- Move More with the Community Coaches of Keep It Moving DC!
- Eat Healthy learn about local farmers markets and find a host of resources available in DC
- Don’t Smoke if you do, find help and inspiration for quitting
- Love Responsibly learn more about sexually transmitted diseases, find places you can get tested
- Reduce Stress Life is full of stress. Manage it with nutrition, physical activity and other support
- See Your Doctor Regular medical and dental checkups can catch problems before they occur
- Wash Your Hands Routine hand washing is the easiest way to stop the spread of germ
- Be Prepared what you need in an emergency kit, practice an escape plan in case of emergency
- Make Peace Feeling safe is fundamental to peace of mind. Set a positive example, get involved
- Read More Be it paper or electronic device, the more you read, the more you’ll know
(between 15th & 16th, Euclid and W St)
Metro: Easiest reached by bus along 16th St, any of the S buses will take you there. By metro, you can walk from Columbia Heights or U St to get there in about 15 minutes, note it is uphill from U St.