Artists and organizations will be recognized in five categories: Excellence in an Artistic Discipline; Excellence in Service to the Arts; Innovation in the Arts; Outstanding Contribution to Arts Education and Outstanding Emerging Artist. The awards are limited to individuals and nonprofit organizations that reside in the DC.
The Mayor's Awards for Arts Teaching are limited to full-time arts teachers who are employed by a DC elementary, middle or high school. The three categories for arts teaching are Excellence in Teaching Performing Arts, Excellence in Teaching Visual Arts and Excellence in Teaching Language Arts.
The final nominees are:
Outstanding Contribution to Arts Education:
- Critical Exposure, 826DC, Marta Reid Stewart, The Corcoran Gallery of Art
- The Phillips Collection, Bruce McNeil, Washington Bach Consort, National Hand Dance Association, Pan American Symphony Orchestra
- Caitlin Teal Price, Brian Grundstrom, Tommy Taylor, Jr., Luis Peralta
- The Corcoran Gallery of Art, The Washington Ballet, Miriam's Kitchen, Arena Stage
- Carla Perlo, Washington Project for the Arts, DC Arts and Humanities Ed. Coll., DC Shorts, Sixth and I Historic Synagogue, BloomBars
- Topher Kandick, Amylia Barnett, Sarah Pace, Paige Byrne, Bryan Hill, Mandy McCulloch, Andrea Perll